My boyfriend wants to move in...

We have known eachother for 1 year, been dating for 3 months. Is this too soon??? :/

We are both in school, I am in RN school and he is in Paramedic school and it would help eachother out a lot. We would both save money...

We are in love but I am not sure if this is too soon since I have a 3 year old son.

Any advice? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• If you don't know, then don't.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I think anytime before you have a ring in your finger is too soon. 3 months is still an almost new relationship, at that point my husband had not even met my kids.

Answer by missanc at 12:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• It's much too soon. I don't think someone I was dating would even know my 3yo after just 3 months.
    o0orange0o

Answer by o0orange0o at 12:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Do not bring a permanant fixture (boyfriend) unless he is going to be permanent. Since you do not know that I would say you should wait, Youi have to think of your son first
    JMO
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Thank you for the opinions. Of course I wouldnt bring my son around a man that I didnt think was absolutely AMAZING. I love my son and he is my priority. AGAIN, this living situation is because we think it would be the best thing for both of us since we are both in school.

I know that NOTHING is certain. Even if there was a ring on my finger, no one can predict the future. You just do the best you can.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Honestly, if you are asking this question anon to strangers on the internet the answer should be no.

If you move in together it should be because you are building a life together, not because it sounds like a good idea or just for financial reasons.

And the truth is that even though one cannot predict the future, with a small child you do your best to try. I remember getting very attached to men my mom dated, and none ever lived with us. It devastated me every time she broke up with someone. Put your child first and wait until there is a ring on your finger.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:02 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• If in doubt don't do it.

Also, IMO, the absolutely very worst reason to move in together is to save money. It may seem logical but it's not a good idea.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• If you're questioning it, you shouldn't do it. Questioning it means you don't really think it's as good an idea as you're claiming to think it is. Plus, moving in to save money and make things "easier" is the wrong reason to do it. You should move in together because you see a future together, because you want to spend as much time together as possible, because you're moving the relationship forward. And when you have children, particularly young ones who can get easily attached, three months is awfully soon. You're still in the honeymoon stages of the relationship, and when that wears off, if you're living together and can't stand each other, it makes things so much more complicated.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• If you do decide to move in make sure you keep finances separate and both contribute to rent and utilities.  To me it is too soon. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• It is much too soon. It's going to be (already is) a relationship of convenience, and it's not a good foundation upon which to build anything permanent, which is what I assume you want to have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2012