Am I really all that strange when it comes to this?

My Gyn tells me I'm in a very small percentage of women who is absolutely NOT compatible with birth control (hormonal or IUD). Anything with hormones in it makes me extremely depressed and sick; IUDs cause all sorts of bad problems. Condoms make me burn like crazy, even the non-latex.

I am very fertile but with predictable ovulation and cycle. My husband is very fertile. We've been using charting only for the past 2 1/2 years successfully.

I'm wondering if I really am all than uncommon when it comes to birth control incompatibility.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 1:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Health

• I think your gyn is underestimating how many women have serious health complications from hormone based birth control. You're not weird at all - they compiled that laundry list of warnings for a reason.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I don't think it's that uncommon. I had a friend who was like that. I know of other women like that too.
    JennieMarie1103

Answer by JennieMarie1103 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I guess that's true!
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2012