Health concern!!!! I took a pregnancy test and its a negative, I have symptoms that lead me to believe I was pregnant, so what is another conclusion to my symptoms?

I have been feeling tired, I did have nausea but that passed 2 weeks ago, I have lower abdominal pain that comes and goes, my breasts are tender/sore/"heavier," and also I've been highly sensitive about everything and anything. I went to my Ob a week ago and he checked me for any infections, and nothing. I'm not sure if he took a pregnancy test, I'm not sure. Also I am on birth control, I have been on the same one for almost a year now, but two different ones for almost 2 years straight. My past period lasted only two days and was very very light. Please someone bring some ease to my brain tonight. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Larad4

Asked by Larad4 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Health

• Did your doctor check your iron?

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Depending on when you got pregnant, you could still be pregnant and get a negative result. You could try testing again in a few days. As to what else could cause those symptoms - well, the thing is, there's lots of things that can cause them. And they don't necessarily have to be related. The nausea that passed could have been a stomach bug, for example.

Personally, since it's the weekend anyway, I'd wait until Monday (or probably Wed, they'll be closed for NYE and NYD), and schedule an appointment with your doctor. Then, sometime before that appointment, take another test and see what the result is. I'd try to do it the day before or day of your appointment, so that if you do get another negative, you can tell them you've tested at home twice and gotten a negative both times, and that the most recent test was just that morning or the morning before.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Abnormal hormone levels. When I was 20 I was having all the pregnancy symptoms (no period, larger tender breasts, etc) so I went to the dr. My prolactin levels were high making my body think it was pregnant. It could have been a sign of a serious problem but turned out fine.

Answer by missanc at 10:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Def could be hormones. Our bodies do some strange things. Take me for example. I am 33, tubes burnt over 7 years ago and here i am a week late for my period, same pregnancy symptoms as you and I have not taken a test because I know nothing is 100% but because I highly doubt it I am just going to make an appointment to get my levels checked :)
    Jessplus31979

Answer by Jessplus31979 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2012