What size circular needles should I use?

I want to knit headbands for babies and toddlers. I want to use circular needles. But, I'm not sure what size to buy. I know that the needle size is based on the yarn, but what size cord should I use? I don't really understand how to use circular needles, though I can google it and figure it out. But, what size should I use? I've seen some patterns that say to cast on a certain number of stitches, but I don't really know what to do for making different sizes, you know?

OnAJourney_4Him

Asked by OnAJourney_4Him at 10:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• here is a simple patter for a headband. i made a few of these in different colors. You can go to you tube and watch a video on how to join in the round. Also there are many patterns on Raverly.com. Here is the link to the pattern.

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• In the patter above I used size 8 needles.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2012