Moms can say the darndest things sometimes...

My mom is recovering from double pulmonary clots. After 10 mos. of thinners & monitoring, she had to have more tests done recently. I could just tell by her evasiveness that this latest round of tests had her concerned. She downplayed it, but did say, "If anything ever does happen to me, I want you to know that I had a wonderful life. And that wouldn't have been possible w/out all of you" (meaning me & my kids) We are very close & that just brought me to tears. I can't imagine my life w/out her, but I'm grateful to hear her say those words. We should tell each other things like that more often, b/c you just never know :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• OP you're right, we should say things like that to each other more often. Not just when we fear the end is coming. I see it alot in my line of work. What your mother said was simply beautiful. Tell her how you feel, as often as you want, from here on out.
    I cannot imagine my life without my mother.
    My heart goes out to you. I'm saying a prayer all goes well for her.
    143myboys9496

Answer by 143myboys9496 at 4:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Aww.. that was really sweet. Your right, we should say those things more often. My Dad passed in March & we were all with him when it happened. We all said the things we always wanted to say to him & I hope he heard us. I am sending Best wishes to your Mom & hoping she's up and as good as new soon :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Hope everything is ok with your mom and you can enjoy her for lots and lots of years to come. And yes that was very sweet
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Love.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• That is true. My mother died when I was 20. I still miss her everyday .
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• LOL, last time my mom was down, her and I were antique shopping. I came across some Longaberger Baskets, which are my thing! She told me that when she dies I will have to jump in there and claim all her baskets.... I was like what? OMG!

First of all they scare me because God only knows what type of Will they have drawn up. My mom is not into making decisions. She probably just instructed "First come First serve".... Ugh.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2012