Do you have any phobias?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 10:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Health

• I used to be terrified of spiders and snakes. Now, iiving in the country and seeing both often, I have got over it. Now instead of running screaming in the other direction, I just kill them on sight.
    Im also terrified of bein alone in the dark.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Yes, quite a few as a matter of fact: The general public, public restrooms, crowded spaces, shopping cart handles (germs in general), old men, messy rooms.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• spiders, fllies, cockroaches
    touching hamburger meat
    pubic bathrooms (knowing somebody in there didn't wash their hands!) have to use a paper towel to open the public bathroom door
    sleeping on/in hotel covers and pillows
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I have issues with other peoples "bodily fluids" which of course relays into shopping cart handles, door handles, etc. I have a terrible fear of heights and am "over protective" of my children as I'm scared that they will either be stolen or killed. They are 17 and 18......

vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 11:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I wouldn't call them phobias. Some things just bother me, like germs and bridges. I also have a fear of scorpions, but that's because my son was stung last year and spent time in the hospital. During the warm season, I go out with a blacklight every night and smash them if I see them. I'm not afraid to get up close and kill them. I'm afraid of them getting in the house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• mice and being in crowds and even having to sit in the middle. I have to always sit on the end seat, cannot sit on the back of the car in the middle, even in meetings at work I get there early to get the seat on the end.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Bees, wasps, pretty much any flying thing that stings scares the shit out of me. That might be because I am allergic to them though. I couldn't deal with needles for a long time, but with as many times as I have had to be poked in the past few years, I can deal with them now without freaking out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2012