Okay, this is embarrassing and how do i explain it to them?

Last question, promise! If I go into the ER b/c of what i think is an infection... here are the symptoms, frequent urination, some burnin and pain "up there"..... SO, how do I explain to them the pinching pain up in there... like almost feel like at my cervix? Mind you, i'm telling this to the ER staff and not just an OB... Do you think they would send me to L&D?? 33w 1d... by the way

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes they will send you to l and d cause your passed 20 wks granted they may send you back to the er when they see that the baby isnt in any distress and just tell them the symtoms you are feeling they will now what it is by that or by your urine
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• you tell them exactly what you just told us.

frequent urination, some burnin and pain "up there"
    pinching pain up in there like almost feel like at my cervix

doesnt matter if you tell it the ER staff or your OB, thats their job, they have seen and heard worse. they are there to help you. you dont have to be embarrassed or anything.

good luck and hope you get better soon!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Whenever you go to the ER they will send you to L&D. I think it's most hospitals policy. Whatever it is good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:23 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't be embarrassed, just go in and tell them. To them, yes, you're a person, but they don't see you as a person, they see you as a patient, just someone who needs to be treated and made to feel better.

It doesn't matter if they're ER, OB, or whatever - they are medical professionals and there's nothing to be embarrassed about.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:37 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would just call dr. office and ask to speak to the nurse and tell them what is going( yourob/gyn). Thats what I did. They will advise you what you should do.
    lovemlotz

Answer by lovemlotz at 7:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i know where i am once you are pregnant no matter how far along if you have a emergency you go to l&d not the er
    Anonymous

• Good luck. Dont be embarressed. It kinda sounds like a uti. I had a bunch of those while pregnant.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009