My bf has not spoken to me in two hours. His child is taking his attention away from me! adult content

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2012 in General Parenting

• I happen to love you for this anon!

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Op of other question needs this lol

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• LOL well yeah, when you feel like you have to compete with a 5 year old, your best bet is to act like a 5 year old.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• As someone who lost her father and whose mother brought in a new boyfriend 2 weeks later and expected my siblings and I to just instantly respect and love him unconditionally, I always feel so bad when I hear of step-parents complaining about their "bratty" step-kids. I TOTALLY understand that being a parent is hard. I, for one, AM NOT perfect and get overwhelmed, too. But to just expect a young child to not act out when their life is filled with confusion due to parents splitting and finding new lovers is just ridiculous. As the adult, you should be more understanding, more compassionate and more willing to shell out more patience. If you're not able to do so, then just leave, sooner rather than later, so as not to mess up the poor child even more.
    Kids can sense that crap.

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• 3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I know, right!

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Haha I agree.

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Well she's overlooked the obvious answer... send the kid to military elementary school. That will get rid of the unlovable kid and then she can be alone forever after with her "soul mate" (who apparently has nothing in common with her, but that is the definition of soul mate, I guess).

You stole that from The Sound of Music, and The Parent Trap (the good one, not the crappy Lindsay Lohan one), and...wait, shouldn't that be the clue right there? If you sound like the evil girlfriend from an old musical or Disney movie, you're doing it wrong?

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Pathetic to be jealous of a 5 year old. She needs to suck it up and get over herself!! UGH!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2012