Leaving Out Some Children

I have a stepson and 2 toddler girls. I'm a little upset about the way my girls are being treated by my husband's family. First of all, most of them haven't met my 1 year old. My father-in-law didn't even meet her until she was 9 months old. They live 10 minutes from us. Now, it's Christmas time. Their side of the family has a get together after Christmas. I was told that 2 family member's bought gift's for my stepson and not the girl's. I'm outraged! These are their family members, too! My family, who is not blood related to my stepson, went out of their way to buy him nice gifts for Christmas. They would NEVER think of leaving him out! Meanwhile, this is my daughter's family and they don't include them. I'm furious! How do I handle the situation? I'm speechless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Holidays

• My husbands family does this alot with my middle child. All three of my kids are his kids, so they can't say it's because he is from a different father or anything. They use the excuse that he is Autistic and "hard to handle" as to why they don't include him. Well, I have told them all ways of dealing with it if he has a meltdown, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I think it got around somehow that he is the way he is because of bad parenting. So, if we find out that the other two are going to do something special and he's not included, we find something special to do with him. We dont tell the oher two because it's not their fault, but they all still get to do something special, so it works.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2012