How would this end up?

Now that the kids are adults does your dh have any reason to talk to his ex?

He says he is done with her, CS is paid off he has no reason to keep in touch.

Your thoughts!
Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• As long as he knows that he will have to talk to her at eventual weddings, the birth of grandchildren, medical emergencies and things of that sort, then I don't see a problem with not talking to her unless it has to do with the kids. Of course, I don't see a problem with not talking to her unless it has to do with the kids when they are younger too, so not sure what the point would be.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Wonder how many young adults "surprised" their parents with their drug addiction, alcoholism, or other troubling behavior because not communicating was more important to their divorced parents than continuing to be parents to their children. Such a selfish and destructive attitude towards parenting and life in general.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Well, there's always: graduations, engagements, weddings, the birth of grandchildren etc.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Well, if he can't behave civilly at a wedding, in which his children would want both parents to attend, then he's a real prize, for sure.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• He'll need to learn how to deal with her at weddings, births of grandchildren, grandchildren's birthday parties/graduations/etc, holidays, stuff like that. But to talk to her just in general - no, he wouldn't really need to, now that the kids are grown. But there will still be some situations in which he will need to be able to be civil to her, and if he's not capable of that, then I foresee lots of problems.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• They share a common bond. It's something that they will share until they're deceased, or the children are. I can't understand the bitterness (from him) as the children are older, and the petty things should be done and over with. She may be lonely, and he's the only person she has something in common with. I don't know her side, so I'm just guessing.
    As far as just everyday communication, if it's not about their children, then no, IMO it's not necessary.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• They are still his kids even if they are older so maybe he is talking to his ex about them or an issue the kids may be having? Just a thought.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Well yeah anything can happen but the graduations all ready happened as far as anything else I don't see nothing happening unless an accident happens but for the time being he doesn't want anything to do with her I picture him going to visit them when she is not around...lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• He just doesn't want her in our lives anymore he is a very smart man why when someone ask a question for help everything gets turned around. He can act very civilized...she's the one who keeps bugging him as though they are still married she just can't let go.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• He sounds really immature . 3libras pointed out numerous things that are still to come
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2012