Is there a God? As a christian how do you answer this?

I am a "new" christian been a follow christian all my life , what i mean by that is I went to church because I had to, read the bible because I had to and prayed because I had to. Now that i am older I Want to be a christian. Here's the problem I've wondered if there is truly a God that sits on the throne that see's everything and everyone that heals people ( not just doctors) that sends you to sends and you not just in a rough patch in your life). How would you answer this? with a bible verse? Something that happened in your life * miracle in your or someone you know life?
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was told there is a god because he is there, because you woke up this morning
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• PM me! Please!!! I'm "new"as well and longing to have somebody to talk about it. That would be great.

I don't KNOW if there's a God. I suppose you just have to BELIEVE it. Somehow. -Maybe not much of an answer ... ?
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 2:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I am Catholic. All I can tell you is that I have prayed for a miracle & it happened. Maybe not the way I wished but in a better way. I also can say that when I do go to Church which is not as often as I should, I feel the Holy Spirits presence then & when ever I pray. That is all I need to believe. Thank you God!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I don't believe any of that. I think *IF* there actually is a God, IT ( not a he) is more of an energy/cosmic life force, with no interest in the lives of humans.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• These are individual answers tat you have to decide for yourself.  I can tell you that I believe in God but i don't think of God as a person sitting on a throne.  I think of God as spirit and energy.  A source for all that is.  You need to decide for yourself how you describe God.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• No, probably explains why I'm not a Christian.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I believe there is a God, and I am Christian, but I believe that God doesn't interfere in our lives, by way of healing or changing events. I believe we can relate to Him and draw close to Him, but not that He acts as some sort of puppeteer over our lives.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I believe in God, but that doesn't mean I understand everything that happens. It doesn't mean I always get what I want when I pray; it's not like dropping quarters in a soda machine and pushing a button. I've seen an actual miracle, though. My ex and I were having some very hard times, but a neighbor was even worse off, mostly eating just pancakes because it was all he could afford. I had nothing left but four hot dogs, two potatoes, and a little onion. I sliced everything into an electric skillet and invited the neighbor to eat, figuring two of us wouldn't get full anyway, so might as well share between three. When I went to stir the skillet, it was brimming full, so full I couldn't get the lid back on. Hot dogs don't swell that much, and potatoes get smaller when they cook, not bigger. The three of us ate our fill that night. There's no zero in God's math; it gave me something to cling to when I need proof of Him
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• It's called Faith.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Idk if there is a God or not. I'm told you know because you have faith and you just feel it. Haven't felt anything, so I guess that explains why I'm not a Christian.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2012