Disney world.

I don't think I'll ever bring my family there. I can't see spending $10,000 on one week :(, The husband and I were talking we would rather book a cruise for that. Have you been to disney? was it worth all that money? would you go back?
Do you think never seeing it is a bad thing? Neither of us have ever been.

ajrjj05

Asked by ajrjj05 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Fly Jet Blue if you can it is cheap to Orlando. Check the Disney website for deals and specials.

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I took DS and he loved it. I didn't stay for any length of time though. You can go there for a lot less than $10,000. There are some really great package deals.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• there are better deals, work with travel agencies or disney on line go in the off months much cheaper
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Most people don't try to do everything in one trip, they don't blow all their money because they plan what they can afford to do. You could go and probably could afford it if you would cut back on some of what you are planning. If you feel the kids should get to go then just cut back some and only go to some of the parks and don't stay as long. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• We loved it, but also found it difficult being a family of five. Airfare is the most difficult part, its so expensive. I would try a cruise instead. There are other Disney resorts, is Disney Land in California closer to you.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Thankfully we live with in driving distance and can stay for 3 nights 4 days in a budget resort for about 4,000 and yes- it was totally worth it. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• we have a family of 5, one son that is will be considered adult cause he is 12. The cheapest package we found is about $8,000 though AAA. If we were to go where going BIG! with universal, sea world, MGM, Nickelodeon studios, ect. We wouldn't do under 10 days.
    ajrjj05

Comment by ajrjj05 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• we have to fly as we are about 27 hours away.
    ajrjj05

Comment by ajrjj05 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• lumygrandbaby, off months wouldn't work. I am very strict about my kids missing school. My oldest son who is in 6th only missed 3 days since he began kindergarten. Missing school is not a option. :(
    ajrjj05

Comment by ajrjj05 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• ANON
    "airfare motel and disney...."
    That is how I feel with that money I can buy a newer vehicle, a roof for our house or save it. I can't see how others can just go blow that much. I have finally told my kids that I doubt that they will ever see it. We have season passes to six flags, pretty much the same thing as Disney as far as we are concerned. :)
    ajrjj05

Comment by ajrjj05 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2012