Why does it seem like MORE people who DO NOT live in California are upset about the octuplet mom, and people who DO live in California really dont care? (SPIN OFF FROM ANOTHER QUESTION)

It doesn't make any sense if you dont live in Ca then why do you care your tax $$ aren't going towards supporting her kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• well that's probably why Cali is broke.. people don't put the effort into caring about their political problems.. and it turns to crap.. plus you got miss nancy and her friends from their trying to pass this stimulus while they are from Cali (which is broke) and think they know how to fix the economy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• why should anyone give a crap about anything that's not DIRECTLY impacting them? Because we have a brain though process and opinion.
    Anonymous

• Yea, but that money comes from more then just the Government......And most of us don't even care about the money issue. It's the fact of these kids, are put into a sitution that they can't speak for. There are sooooo many moms/family out there that would do anything to have a kid. (see alot on here) And let me tell you, they can't have one, get funded for one, or have to wait a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time.
    And here she is with SIX, that she can't even support and brings in EIGHT more. H E L L O~ it's not rocket science. Is she really going to be able to take care of all these children A L O N E?? I don't think so.....It's a rough society right now. Okay Im rambleing and I could go on and on...but I will stop now.
    Anonymous

• Californians are used to getting screwed by now, they can't even get their income taxes back this year, they get an I.O.U. from their state government.
    As for Hollyweird, anything goes, no matter who's paying for it.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ...because Californians have way more issues over that stupid sick lady.
    Anonymous

• Actually, Californians are pissed. She's getting death threats. There was an article that I can't find right now that said many in California were very upset and very vocal about it. And actually, don't the social security disability payments come from all of us?

Anonymous

• Anon 7:01 - you are correct. SSI & SSD are federal benefits paid for by ALL Americans! So, yes, people do have the right to complain if they so choose.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• From mostly what I have heard of the news most people think that Ca has bigger and more important issues to worry about
    Anonymous

• I guess I'm not understanding when people have these "It's coming from our tax money, we're paying for her, blah blah blah.."

We have to pay taxes either way, I don't care where it's going... all I know is I have to pay for it. Are my taxes going to go up because of this one woman who had 8 kids?? I don't see the difference. We pay taxes, regardless of where it's going. And by the way, I do live in California. I don't care where my money is going. Why should I? It's out of my pocket either way, regardless of how many children people choose to have.
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 6:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2009