My Daughters Kindergartener teacher ignores my e-mails.

It's like she dosen't respect me, she's in her 20's and seems a bit flaky. She forgets things. She's very nice to my face, but she ignores my e-mails or responds weeks later. I'm so sick of her. I'm going through a deivorce, and I take care of my daughter alone now and my husband likes to be messy and cause me trouble.. I would hope she can see through what he is doing. If he is bad mouthing me. I don't know if he is to her, he does to other people. I set up a time to talk with her about some issues my daughter is having and she never called for the time we set.

Any ideas how I can deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Send an e-mail to the teacher outlining your concerns and what you want done, and copy the principal. If the teacher doesn't respond within four or five days, call the principal directly and say that you feel your questions haven't been addressed..
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Try calling or sending in a note with your daughter. She might not check her emails regularly. Or maybe try changing the wording of your emails. Maybe the way you're phrasing things is such that she doesn't think a response is required. For example, if you emailed her and said "I'm going through a divorce and I just wanted to let you know.", that might leave her thinking you were just giving her a heads up, and a response (though polite and customary) wasn't necessary. But if, instead, you said "I'm going through a divorce and I need to discuss with you some changes that will be taking place for Sally that may affect the classroom. Could you please give me a call or set up a conference?", that makes it clear that you expect a response. Then if she still doesn't respond, then you go in and ask to see her. If she finds excuses to avoid that, talk to the principal.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Go to the principal
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• We don't rely on email to talk to my son's teacher if we have concerns we wait until pick up and talk to her then or I will send a note in his folder and clearly state that I would like to set up a time to talk to her. If you are emailing her and she isn't responding talk to the principal because it is her job to talk to parents about their concerns and to do so within a timely manner.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• CC the principal on everything... if you don't hear back in 48 hours each time contact the principal directly!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Simple. With an e-mail you can send an attatchment that allows you to know if it has been opened. Presuming if it is open the teacher read it. A receit. Then in the e-mail give a specific time frame, I would like to hear from you buy X. By X if she does not call then send a reminder e-mail with a specific time. Still no call? Send a copy to the principal, receits and all. CC it to the teacher. That gets results every single time. Because if it doesn't....the next cc goes to the super intendent.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• She may not check her emails often or if she does if its not of importance maybe she has a set date to reply to those of less importance.
    Go to her in person and schedule a meeting.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• If it is that important to you don't rely on email. Go to her directly.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I would not rely on email. If you pick your daughter up from school, ask her if she has a moment to talk. Most teachers I know would talk to you right than. If you are still not getting the answers you want than you should ask to have a meeting with the principal.
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2013