How will $6.00/gal. change your life & your family's life?

We go thru a lot of milk!  I'm sure a lot of you do too.  I honestly don't know what we'd do if it doubles. I don't know about using powdered milk. I can't imagine it tastes very good :/ What do you think? Should I just buy a cow?!  :p

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess people will have to do what my Mom did when I was a kid...split a gallon of whole milk betwen 2 jugs and add half a gallon of water.

Or people will start getting goats or cows.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• The idea was a lot more disturbing when I thought you meant gas, not milk.

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• eh- we only go through about a gallon a when the cheese prices sky rocket... then we shall have problems...

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I think I would use powdered milk in my cooking.

Way back when I was knee high to a grasshopper, that's what we did in cooking class. The teacher reconstituted powdered milk.

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I only use Soy Milk and that's just for recipes. I've drank powdered milk before. It's not bad if you can get it cold enough. Also, that would be great to use for recipes.....

Answer by m-avi at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• We only use about a half gallon a week or so. My son is the only one who drinks it, my husband will occasionally, and I only use it in an occasional bowl of cereal and recipes.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I wonder how WIC will afford it!

Answer by staciandababy at 8:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• i stopped buying as much milk when the price went up last i guess id stop buying it all together. milk isnt a necessity in my house.

Answer by okmanders at 8:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• * correction a half gallon a week.

• In the end a cow will cost you more. It will mean we drink less. I hate drinking powdered milk but I can stomach it if it is cold.
    Powdered milk is fine if it is used to make things however, like puddings etc. Cheeses and other dairy will go up too. Oh yippee.

Answer by Dardenella at 8:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2012