Do you say thank you:

To the person who handles your fs claims and other assistance?

To the policeman who stops you and writes you a ticket?

To the person you yelled at because they are the representative of the company and you had a problem, that they finally after an hour got straightened out?

I am sure there are others.

I recently got stopped by an officer because my taillight was flickering on and off. He wrote me a warning and I thanked him very much for letting me know it was not working. He looked at me so strangely and I finally asked why. He told me that nobody thanks him for stopping them whether they get a ticket or not.
I find this curious.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 9:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I'll thank an officer for giving me a warning instead of a ticket and I'll thank customer service people who are actually helpful.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I thank customer service people.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• im a thanker. the mailman (when i see him), the person at the cash register, the person at the drive thru window, customer service reps (cause i use to be one & i know its very rarely ever their fault), anyone i talk to on the phone, my professors, DH, everybody. being a mom is pretty thankless so i figure the best way to be thanked is to thank often...and its worked pretty well on my kids.

ive only been pulled over once cause the officer thought i didnt have my seatbelt on...and i thanked him for pulling me over even tho he was wrong. cause hey, why not think he had the best intentions :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:19 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• um, for something like that sure but for a true problem ONLY if they resolve it.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I a big thanker. I will always answer the surveys that so often follow a service visit, especially if I have nice things to say. I also have had a tail light warning and thanked the officer.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• I'm a thanker too. And like to be thanked.
    downsznmomof4

Answer by downsznmomof4 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Yes I say thank you to everyone for everything they do. Its habit for me.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Thanks!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Depends
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• When in doubt, I say thank you. Especially to wait staff, cashiers, and customer service reps. It doesn't ever hurt to be polite.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 AM on Dec. 30, 2012