What to do now about diaper rash?

Obviously I'm probably going to ask the doctor but we've tried huggies,luvs and pampers now as well as the scent free wipes(plain water to remove urine). We can get it to go away with aquaphor but it seems a bit excessive to HAVE use it every single time we change her diaper or she breaks out in big red raised diaper rash. She's on Alimentum with the beechnut rice cereal so food allergy is really unlikely.

IDK I think the doctor is probably just going to give us the steroid cream at this point and tell us to keep up the Aquaphor but any other ideas?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 10:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? Have you tried plain, non sugared yogurt?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• my grandma swore by scorched flour
    heat until it starts to get tan in color
    store in a jar,sprinkle on as you would powder

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Colloidal silver applied topically.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• The only thing that worked with my son's sensitive skin was medicated cornstarch powder. It cleared right up and stayed clear.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Using tap water?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2012

• Take 1 t-spoon of mustard oil and mix it with little water then apply this on rashes. It is the best thing for rashes i ever use.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 12:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Tori gets a little bit of a rash when the wipes get too wet and I'm having to wipe her a lot, so I use corn starch on her bum when I notice a rash about to start. Clears is up right away.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Have your tried the Desitin Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Paste? It has white zinc oxide its really thick, and last through more then one change. Also let her air out for awhile. Maybe try cloth diapers. There is a lot more to choose from then there was in the past.

Like this one.,.. http://www.nappyshoppe.com/store/cloth-diapers-c-65.html

http://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/the-hatch-blog/articles/934987/charlie-banana-one-size-cloth-diapers 

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Cocunut oil always worked for me when it came to diaper rashes. Also, you might want to try cloth diapers on her butt and cloth wipes soaked with just warm tap water to wipe her with.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• When my children have a diaper rash, I mix aquafor and liquid antacid like Maalox. It takes the sting out of it for them and helps them heal faster.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2012