Taking the children???

I watched a couple of interviews where DCFS was considering the possibility of taking away some of the Octomom's kids.

After seeing her older children, I must question why? They do not look abused or neglected at all. They look very happy.

How can DCFS justify returning babies to homes where they have suffered severe documented abuse that would make you cry, and many later end up dead by the age of two or three years (I can send you the stories), yet threaten to take children away from a mother who would never dream of hurting their child?

Sure, Octomom is gonna have a tough time. But it is reported that lots of people will step up and help out. DCFS needs to go rescue those poor kids that are being tortured to death, something they have failed miserably in doing so far. Every day babies are returned to parents that have been arrested for beating, burning, biting them so severely they ended up hospitalized.

Priorities???

Sharon7772

Asked by Sharon7772 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• she is oviously sick and she is toxic to them children and i think she should have them taken away she needs 2 be locked up
    Anonymous

• i think because they know that she can not provide for them, for one she does not have the means too and her home is not big enough for all those kids.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Have you seen the house the kids are living in? My goodness, what a pig sty. A 3 bedroom, 2 bath house with 6 kids and 3 adults (including her parents since it's THEIR house) ... now add in 8 newborns? Where will the cribs go? I think they have a right to look into it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• This case happened in England, but it is an example of what I'm talking about. It happens here every day too, yet no one cares. Kids are given back to monsters like these and suffer horribly before they finally die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E1rKYrP_DY&feature=related

DCFS needs to worry about THESE monsters!

Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• She cant afford to FEED them...There are laws about HOW many people can live in a house...she obviously needs a psych eval.....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• so would you put your kid in a daycare with a single caretaker if it already had 13 other kids, seven of whom are newborns and a few others who are disabled?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I keep hearing things about how she cannot provide financially, but what about kids that really suffer? Like the one in the link above??

There will undoubtedly be people stepping in to help her care for them. I do not doubt that those children will be loved. I just want to see DCFS excercise it's power to help truly suffering children. Something they seem unable to do.

People have said "give the babies to families that can't afford IVF". I say those families should look into adopting severely abused children so they don't have to go back to homes where they will be tortured to death because there is place to put them.

I'd start adopting them in a heartbeat if I could.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Autodidact - what is the point of your question? First of all, there are laws that govern the caretaker to child ratio in order to have a daycare established. Secondly, we're talking about living arrangements - NOT a few hours of playtime in a daycare.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• OMG I followed that link and that is aweful!! Some people never should have children! These people that do this make me sick!!! I swear I have noticed too that CPS always goes after the kids that don't need it and usually ingnore the ones that show signs of needing help!
    Anonymous

• BINGO Anon 7:12!!!

THAT is exactly what I'm talking about!!
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009