Did you see this?!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/dramatic-ice-rescue-calif-caught-tape-151617242--abc-news-topstories.html

After the 1st or maybe the 2nd "rescuer" fell in, why did the other 9 or 10 decide to try? I'm just glad they all made it out OK, but I'm sure being in that water just sucked big time! So ladies, be careful if you like to do outdoor winter activities that involve being on or near the ice!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• In situations like that you don't think, "Hey why dont' I wait for professionals to get here". Instinct kicks in and the only concern is to save the person. And if you watch the video it's not like they were all horrible swimmers. They were on ice that kept getting more and more slippery as the water waved over it from the people thrashing around in it. Some weren't even close to the edge when they fell in. With that said I'm glad they were all able to make it out of the water.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I seen it on tv. All of them were armatures in rescue I guess. They should have waited. Call the police/rescuers.

Answer by louise2 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I didn't see it. I guess they were desperate. :(

Answer by Bmat at 8:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Not until I did your clicky. Iagree that people do amazing things to help another in trouble and it isn's always the right thing It does not make it any less heroic.

The caster has a point but anyone who live with iced ove ponds knows that they have to be a certain thinkess to bear weight. Also to save some one from a hole in the ice you neve walk on the ice. You lay down and mke a human chain.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Well it certainly takes a brave person. Either way.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2012