Do you think people are taking advantage of the 'no down vote button'?

I hardly ever come on here anymore, I haven't got the time! But I've just read through a couple of questions on the first page, and I'm quite shocked at some Moms responses to questions! I know some of the questions asked here are ridiculous, and are obviously just people messing about, but some sound genuin, and the responses from some Moms are really quite catty! And I'm just wondering if the responses would be different if the DV was still in place?

Discuss!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 30, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I always wonder when this mythical, happy time was in CM.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:42 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I think most women here felt free to speak their minds. Now we just have less whining about being DV'ed.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• There was plenty of cattiness before.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

It was right before that time when everyone agreed on breastfeeding, erf, which side a baby should sleep on and whether or not SAHMs or working moms do a better job.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:48 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Nope. Not to mention it's impossible to take advantage of a non-existent feature that didn't do anything more than show people that "hey someone doesn't like what you said. It's the anon ability that has been taken advantage of now. Everything from bitchy trolls that won't use tehir own screen name to insult people to the passive aggressive whiners that are complaining about "meanies".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Not to mention it's impossible to take advantage of a non-existent feature that didn't do anything more than show people that "hey someone doesn't like what you said.

The odd thing, of course, is that for most people, the DV button was a new thing that was added and then went away again later. There's a very small sub-set of people for whom that option was always there, so not being there is a strange thing. Only that small subset of people would think of it in terms of no DV button being a "new" thing that changes how people behave. For everyone else, this is simply the way CM was before the button was ever added in the first place.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• the down vote option was a passive way to disagree
    and now that that is gone, some might feel need to express disagreement with words rather than a click of a thumbs down button

so on a small scale yes, more opinions of answers that are not agreed to
    but overall, same old cafemom...just less options to use because admin took away some features
    some people cared if they got a down vote, and some used down vote to express how they feel about a certain member, and not the answer itsself, (which is silly and childish, but so is taking away features that a few members misused, and a few members bitched about)

again- same old cafemom answer section (imo)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Haven't we done this question before? Aren't the answers always the same? If you don't come on here very often do you think it is helpful to the overall atmosphere if when you do come on the first thing you do is complain? If you want a more positive CMA, CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY. Seems obvious enough to me.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:36 AM on Dec. 30, 2012