ughh help please

Whats the best way for math challenged kids and adults to memorize times tables?I have math discalculie and so does my youngest. This is so embarrasing. I also have trouble adding fast.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just got a Multiplication Rock cd and loaded it on my kid's MP3 player.
    You can google Multiplication Rock, and there's a free set through Schoolhouse Rock.

Otherwise, there are a lot of "tricks." For example, all the answers to the 9's, the digits add up to 9. (27, 36, 45, 54, etc.)
    If you learn the 3's, then the 6's are just double those. Same with 4's and 8's.
    I recommend just doing 5 facts a night, over and over, and then the next night, add 5 new, but review the first 5, etc.
    GOOD LUCK!
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Honestly, how many times in life do you use multiplication. I suck at math and mangage just fine. My cell phone has a calcualtor.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:28 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Well I'm one of those people that has to try,,otherwise it just bugs me,I need to get a ged or high school diploma,and so far I have a 3 grade math level when it comes time to do math my brain goes off and fogs.Trying to help my 4th grader do his work and I cant,I can sorta understand fractions,I can do times tables but really slow! I just want math to be something I can get through instead of running from it... Even if it takes me 10 yrs
    Anonymous