Tooth implants, do you have one? How was the procedure?

I'm asking because my sister needs one and she is freaking out a bit. Anyone have any experience with this? On top of it all, it sounds like it's really expensive!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 2:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Health

• My mom has a mouthful of implants. She lost her teeth in an accident when she was just 22 and by the time she was 45, her mouth could no longer support dentures properly. It was very expensive and very painful as she needed extra surgery to build bone up to accept the implants. But she is now very happy with it and would do it again.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Broke all my front teeth when I was a teen in an accident falling on rocks -
    fast forward 30 yrs. and I had one after another job done to my teeth in the end crowns - and the Dr. tells me two months ago I have to have a tooth taken out! OH HECK NO!! But yes, I too have to have it done and I am scared to death! Not sure how much it is going to cost, but suffice it to say it's like a 7 month long process!!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 3:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2012