Is it possible be a little bit lactose intolerant ....? I mean, not in general, but every now and again?

I don't know why this is, but there are times when I become light headed from pain after having drunk milk (warm milk is even worse than cold). A belly full of farts that just won't pass and are SO PAINFULL! I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet. I know I should, but I thought I'd ask around here first. Well, like I said, it's not like that all the time. Sometimes I have no reaction at all. Yogurt, ice cream, milk, coffee creamer ... it's all fine. Sometimes I get bloated and ... well ... rather be on my own. And sometimes it makes me so, so sick. Why could that be? Is there anything known about certain combination of foods? Has it got to do with hormones? I can't pin it on anything. I don't know when to stay away from dairy and when it's okay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Health

• maybe the milk has gone bad
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• The milk is/ was okay.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I don't usually have a problem with dairy, but warm milk (plain, in hot chocolate, etc) makes me feel sick. Maybe it's just the heated milk...
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Yeah you can be semi-intolerant
    I can eat ice cream and certain cheeses,but milk and mozzerella cheese gives me gas

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2012