My 16 months son does't drink the milk yogurt

He was not drink the whole milk & yogurt . His pediastrat said his waight not gain
&he says stop the breatfeeding & give wholemilk yogurt
I am worried about the his waight loss & how to get the gain waight give me some rich food ideas

arjunvardhan

Asked by arjunvardhan at 6:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feed my 17 month old everything and still won't gain weight. she eats lots of rice, chicken, basically what we eat. she's also refusing to drink whole milk; she's down to 10 oz. now. Her weight is 20 lbs.
    Anonymous

• I put whole milk in pudding. I also warm it sometimes, my son likes it better w/ the chill off. Try cheeses made from whole milk. If you haven't totally weaned him from breast milk you can try mixing the whole milk w/ your milk little by little and maybe he'll take to the whole milk. Try making chocolate milk too. Good Luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Oh and you can feed him dry cereal soaked in whole milk and every few bites give him a spoonful of milk.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Does he not like it? I'd try putting it in a sippy cup for him to drink. Did your doctor mention anything like giving him some pediasure? I gave that to my oldest to help her a little bit with at least getting the nutrition she needed.
    Anonymous

• Does he like regular yogurt? You can always feed him "yobaby" yogurt. It's full of good stuff for kids. Also, try whole milk in Cereal. My daughter loves eating cheerios with a small amount of milk.

Is he losing weight or just not gaining? My daughter has gained very little weight from 16 months to now, and she's 25 months old. She is just super active, and burns off near as many calories as she eats.

You can also try whole milk cheeses. My daughter loves mini cheese quesadillas we make. She gobbles them up like nothing.

You could also try those lunchables with cheese, meat, and crackers (the tot size ones)... we just make our own versions at home though.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:02 PM on Feb. 12, 2009