Anyone have ankle pain or swelling?

Is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Swelling is normal as you progress in your pregnancy. The pain might be just the added stress on the joints
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• just wait til you HAVE the baby... your ankles will swell up HORRIBLY. I had cankles for 2 days after I gave birth
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• haha i had serious cankles for like the whole last month, and then when i actually went into labor my legs swelled up so big i had to take steps that were like small circles to get around each thigh haha. my feet spread too and they have never gone quite back to the same size they used to be.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My ankles swelled and feet swelled so bad and I got put in the hospital for a 24 hour urine. Turns out the swelling was from pre eclampsia and I had to deliver immediatly by c section.
    Anonymous

• yeah, as pp said, when my ankles swelled up with my first son it was from pre-eclampsia and i had to go on bed rest. but then again, EVERYTHING was swollen..... i looked like a manatee or something lol. i think it's a normal thing usually..... try elevating your feet.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes. Try to keep your feet up as much as possible. And a foot rub is nice. I also enjoyed soaking in a warm bath, it helped with the pain in my feet and back a bit. I was borderline pre-eclampsia and by the time i got induced even my back was swollen. Try to cut back on salt. That may help a lil too.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2009