were you upset when you found out the sex of your baby?

I was upset when I found out I was having a boy after only having girls-so upset I cried...
Once the shock wore off I was fine.. but I know there has to be other women that felt this way? they wanted one sex and got the other..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was disappointed for a milli second but then I was happy instantly because it was a baby.
    Anonymous

• I was upset for a second but, she is healthy so, I am happy. I was just hoping for a boy.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i went through that. i wasnt upset-more shocked than anything. i thought for sure i was having a girl. so sure that i went and bought pink girlie stuff (it was my first pregnacy) and then i found out he was a boy and i cried. but im so happy that hes a boy. i wouldnt change him for the world. luckily my best friend was having a girl so she got all my girl stuff
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i wanted a boy i got a boy soooo happy in a couple yrs imma really want a girl
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I actually cried when I found out with my second that it was a boy. There are a lot of behavioral and emotional and ADHD problems in many of my hubby's family in boys. I was upset b/c I did not want to have a child that was going to have such a rough life. But after about a day I got over it and now he is 2.5 years old and I can't imagine not having my little mama's boy. I love him so much.
    Anonymous

• With my first pregnancy I wanted a boy and got a boy and with my second pregnancy I wanted a girl and got a girl. SO I was pretty darn happy, but I can tell you I probably would have been upset if the second pregnancy was a boy again.
    Mommyof2Angels9

Answer by Mommyof2Angels9 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• nope, it didnt matter to me. We had been trying for 2 years so I was glad that I was pregnant and I just want a healthy baby.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:21 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I admit I cried when I found out my youngest was a boy. My oldest son has always been a lot more high-needs than my daughter and I just didn't feel up to that again. He's really mellow like his sister though so I was wrong about it being any one way because he's a boy. I'd never admit to either of my boys that I was disappointed though.
    Anonymous

• Just slightly disappointed for a while.
    Anonymous

• I will cry and be more disappointed if my next one is a girl...I already have one. I need a boy now.
    Anonymous