What causes an abcess? (Not sure on the spelling)

I had one on my breast for the last two weeks, finally had it drained and it's almost completely healed, but there's a small one next to it becoming infected and it's leaking now. So I'm just wondering what causes them? I've never had this happen to me before. I'm just hoping it's not a symptom of something worse. I know it's a skin condition but could it be permanant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Health

• I would certainly be talking to my Dr. and making sure of what is causing it. An absess is simply an infection.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Who drained it? It could be a staph infection if there is another or it could be nothing. I'd see the doc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• It's probably MRSA and you should have it cultured
    Sonflower71

Answer by Sonflower71 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• My doctor drained it and for the last couple weeks I've been going to the nurse to have it packed and the bandages changed, but now I'm getting another one. I was even put on antibiotics for it. She did see the other one starting up and since it isn't that big she advised me to put a warm compress on it and that stopped it from getting worse and it actually healed, but today it started leaking. I see the nurse on Wednseday...after the holiday. I'm just a bit concerned about what's going on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• MRSA is what immediately comes to mind
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• My Oldest DD got one in her arm pit when she was a teen.. Doctor told her she is shaving to much. Not letting her arm pit hair grow out .      Basically she got a ingrown hair that abscessed

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2012