Do you still have your suspicions that the vaccines may cause autism?

I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, it is unclear to me the real cause. It could be vaccines, it could be any number of things. I just know most of the diseases we vaccinate for can be dreadful and I don't want them to make a comeback because of me.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I don't think they cause autism. I think there are tons of reaons out there and if vaccines truly caused autism, wouldn't most kids have it? I think it can be linked to a lot of things. My DH's coworker has three boys, two with autism. They were all vaccinated, so why wouldn't the first born be autistic? Both him and his wife are heavy smokers, and even smoked in their house. They think that could have possibly been a link.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No I had all my vaccinations as a child and so did my brother and we don't have autism. Psychologists are still unsure what causes autism, I could just be a genetic disorder in which they have yet to link a certain gene to it.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Nope, nope, and nope. There's no link. I think autism is a disability and isn't discovered until older. Like I've said before, there are going to be more kdis that have autism that are vaccinated because there are more kids that are vaccinated than not
    Anonymous

• I suspect it can activate a certain gene.....I also suspect that many SIDS cases are the result of them too....but that is just what I suspect.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• no. my kids are all vaccinated and all of my nieces and nephews. i do have one nephew who is mildy autistic but has never officially been diagnosed and his did not come from vaccines, it came from his environment and what he had to do to survive mentally in an unstable home.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If seemingly normal, happy, and vocal, babies are suddenly regressing into Autism after their 12 and 18 month shots you bet!

My own son stopped vocalizing for several weeks after his 4 and 6 month shots. That scared the hell out of me. I told my very upset Pediatrician that He was only to give him 1 shot at 12 months and 1more every 3 months thereafter. He's 15 months old now and so far he's okay.

What is wrong with spacing them out? Why don't the Doc's try that and see if it helps like it did my son? Instead of everyone arguing about vaxing or not? Spacing them out seems to have worked for my child and lots of others too.
    Sharon7772

Answer by Sharon7772 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• no
    Anonymous

• A parent that has a child with autism is going to want to find the cause, they want someone to blame. And in 1998 the "cause" was blamed on vaccines. So naturally anyone who has vaccinated their child, and then saw that child diagnosed with Autism will blame the vaccine. Its psychological. Just like bad luck. If you believe friday the 13th is bad luck, anything bad that happens to you or other is to be blamed on Friday the 13th. Yes there are many kids who were vaccinated and then diagnosed with Autism, however there are COUNTLESS more who are not autistic. And many who were unvaxed and diagnosed.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• NO and never have, I remember a long time ago they said that lead or mercury (Ican't remember which one) in water is what caused ADD/ADHD
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 12, 2009