If you heard that a mom married a convicted child molester

and had a 14 year old daughter at home,and found out that the man had been grooming the girl,and later tried to rape the girl,who was now 17,what would you think of that mom?
What if you found out that the mom was doing everything in her power to make sure that the daughter never got any help from her school,or the police by going to both of those and concocting a story that the girl was making up lies? That she knew her husband was trying to hurt her daughter,and looked the other way? And the daughter had a plan in mind that if her stepfather came after her,she'd kill him,and had a knife hidden under her mattress and the mom removed it every day? And she was so depressed that she planned her suicide and the mom told her to get over it?
I'm going anon because I was that girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Relationships

• I wouldn't be bothered trying to forgive her, and I wouldn't be waiting around for an apology. I'd be moving on with my life as far away from my sick "mother" as possible. The fact that she's sick now? That's karma. She's getting back what she deserves for what she put out.

"It's not her fault because she wasn't the one coming after you"? How about it's her fault because not only did she not stop the one who was coming after you, but she helped him (by taking the knife you hid,by convincing people that you weren't telling the truth, by not kicking his sick, sorry ass out and trying to get him put back in jail)? It's her fault, damn near as much as it is his.

Be grateful - when she kicked you out, she did you the biggest favor of your life. She got you out of a hellhole that would have probably ended up killing you eventually - whether at someone else's hand or your own. I hope things are good for you now.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• sorry i didn't and couldn't read the whole thing because it upsetted me!

this is not a mother that was a monster.. a piece of shit person.. geesh !!

mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• you are an adult now, check the statute of limitations, at least try to get her for th money she stole from you and try to get him for rape
    please get counseling and then wash your hands of her she is not a mother!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• This is not a mother this is a monster! Not one of them but both!
    Subjecting any child to cruel and unusual punishment and indecency is a CRIME and the two should be put away with the other horrible people in jail so that they are made to suffer for the rest of their lives!
    Bless your heart baby! Bless your heart!!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 6:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• sweetheart until she asks for forgiveness, you have no reason to forgive her. I am sorry she is sick but you need to focus on YOU! She was not there for you there is no reason you have to be there for her. I woudl say my piece and move on. Tell your aunt that you are sure if it had been her she would not be guilting anyone into anything.

Dont be guilted into that, you can be sorry she is sick adn you can say a prayer for her or light a candle but you do not have to look at her and be put through the memories even more.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I would look into pressing charges on him, is he still stalking you? I think there's so etching wrong with your mother as well because honestly a sane person wouldn't stand by and allow that to happen to anyone exspecialy their child. I'd look into all your options as to public assistance they have theripist that can see you for a discount and some even do pro bono work and will see you for free. I'm not sure what your options are ive never been in a situation. Like yours but I'd start making calls. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• If he is still trying to bother you, and you want to re-locate there are people who will help you to get out of the area.

Somewhere new, some therapy can help you to move forward with your life.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• This is a woman who used her daughter to keep a man in her home. She is the lowest type of life form IMO. I think you should bring charges against BOTH of them and get the counseling s that you never have to look back.

I am sorry this happened but I wish you well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• She's never going to ask forgiveness. I wouldn't bother waiting for it. She's not a mother, she's an egg donor. And you needn't have anything to do with her.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I would think that the girl got the short end of the straw in the mom draw and that that mother didn't value and respect herself enough to to keep her and her child(ren) safe from a predator. Sorry that you had to go through that and that your mother never tries to put you or your family in that situation again.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2012