How didnt i know my own 15 yo was going through this?

i found and read my dd's blog today, shes 20 now but this happened when she was 15....now that i read this i feel bad for biting her head off when i found out shes ditched school, and spent an extra $20 for food i knew she wasnt eating.... 

"i was 15, had just moved to my moms,and registered for the nearest school. the day i started there i saw him sitting by himself looking sick so i walked over to him and asked if he wanted me to take him to the nurse or walk him home or something. he just looked at me and said no that he would be fine after he drank what was in the old water bottle, his breath wreaked like my dads drinks so i knew he wasnt drinking water, so i handed him my water and told him to drink that instead of what was in his bottle. i then walked away and bought him a bagel, handed it to him and walked away again to try to find my class.

a couple days later he walks up to me and thanks me and asked if i had any friends at the school yet, i said no so he sat with me. he jokingly grabbed my comic book i was reading and said "how the hell do you read this? its backwards?!" i showed him how and we talked the rest of lunch, then he showed me where my class was and went to his own class. during my class after lunch i managed to slice my finger open (yay science class) so i started walking up to the nurse, i see him sitting with a bunch of people smoking whatever, it smelled horrible, not like weed since iv smelled it before. he looked up at me and i just kept walking,got a bandaid and started walking back to class, i saw him puking in the trash can and his "friends" laughing at him. the next day he finds me before school and asks me to go out with him later that night i told him "if you want to date me you have to quit doing drugs, drinking, and smoking" he looks at me with his eyes wide and says "deal, when i come to school next week on friday will you go to LA with me" i smiled and said "if you come to school next week clean ill go to LA with you" so he got clean,and he came to school while having withdrawls that next friday, we never went to LA. i just took him home and made sure he was comfortable until his brother got home, we've been dating ever since"

shes still with the man from the blog post, they've been together 5 years and have a one year old.my dd was an honor student, if i had known all that i wouldnt have yelled at her

now my question is if your found out your 15 year old was doing things like this and hanging around a boy like that what would you do (i obviously didnt know what was going on until 5 years later)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• Sorry to be the skeptic in the crowd, but how do you know the blog post is non-fiction or not embellished. How is it that you found the blog? I guess I see it a little differently too, this story doesn't seem very realistic.

She should have stayed in school, 3 months pregnant after high school is hardly admirable, but I am glad that he supported and cared for them at least and I truly hope she can get her life back on track now.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2013