what happens if you get mono when you're pregnant?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 6:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can get really sick like worse if you werent prego cause your amun system is down cause of the baby and you need to go to the doc if you think you might have it
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• can the baby get it?
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The summer before I got pregnant I got mono. I was well into it before I realized I had it. I just thought I was really weak and sleepy and needed an energy boost until I almost passed out doing the laundry and went to the drs for a mono spot test and sure enough. The following year I was almost into my second trimester and was feeling the same way and I said to the Ob that I felt like I did when I had mono last year. So just out of curiosity they took blood and I had a reactivation of the IgG antibody that fights mono. It was a mild case because I already had it. End result baby was fine. I was fine in a few weeks. Doctor never really seemed all that concerned about it and prescribed nothing but rest. I did some online research and couldn't come up with much on mono and pregnancy. It must not be a big thing or there would be a lot on it.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009