Still in love with my son's father, what should I do?

It has been 3 1/2 years since my son's father and I broke up. He went off to college and I was still in high school ( we had him when iw as 15 and he was 16...we were madly in love and very happy) but college really made him confused. There were so many girls and what not, and we ended up mutually breaking up as we both needed time to explore. Then I was heartbroken i only agreed to it cuz I knew it's what he wanted...so 2 weeks later i found a guy. Didn't really like him but we dated..I got pregnant a few months later. this killed my ex and he let me know it did...since then we've barely spoke to eachother but we both have short lasting relationships and try to find ppl similar to eachother..his mother tells me he still goes thru period of depression over me as do i with him...what do i do??....do i ask him to meet up and tell him i still adore him? or keep trying to move on? i dont want anyone else...help? ha

ttnnl

Asked by ttnnl at 9:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2012 in Relationships

• If you are both in a place where you are available why not sit down and talk and see if your relationship could work again. You both have to be honest about what are feeling and not let past hurt interfere with your new adult relationship.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Why is everyone 15 tonight?

Anonymous

• I fully agree. We both were so young, and granted I still am only 21 but I know he is the love of my life. I feel we may have been too young to know what to do with such a strong love, and I still have this feeling he feels the same. I'm more afraid of him rejecting me; i'm not sure I can handle that.
    ttnnl

Comment by ttnnl (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• @ Anonymous, i'm not 15...there is much more to this story but I cannot type that much and don't feel I need to let every little detail out. Thanks for your kind words though, very mature and necessary.
    ttnnl

• Excuse me ttnnl.    You've been here what 5 minutes and you can already question people's responses?

Anonymous

• I just thought that was rude. Don't comment if it'd going to be mean you know? That is pointless. I did not come on here to be picked at. I simply needed a little advice, because I am not sure what to do.
    ttnnl

Comment by ttnnl (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• First account?

Anonymous

• Yes...maybe it was a mistake to come on here lol
    ttnnl

Comment by ttnnl (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• I suggest you sit down and talk to each other truthfully and honestly. Just remember it may not go the way you want but at least you'll know one way or the other and can try to let go and move on if he's not willing to reconsider the two of you back together.

As for the comments on here. Just let them roll of your back if they're not helpful. That's how it is on here and in life. Don't let it bother you. But remember what u post may get a lot of negativity.
    Mommy-Wonders

Answer by Mommy-Wonders at 10:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2012

• Serious get on some serious birth control first. Because if you do meet, even for coffe, I can see where this will end up.
    I am not trying to be harsh or judgemental as you can do as you like. I would suggest some counseling as well.
    I see no harm in meeting, after all he should be in his son's life and therefore he would see you if only breifly. Both men should be paying child support.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2012