Should a 2 year old have a bed tent?

My ds crawls out of his crib so we have a toddler bed. Now he cries and says he wants his crib. He hasn't slept well in almost 2 months. We wonder if a twin size bed with a tent over it would give him the secure feeling of being surrounded like his crib did. Or would it be unsafe?

LovemyQ

Asked by LovemyQ at 6:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has a crib tent on her crib and I was wondering if part of her refusal to switch to her bed was due to the openness of it. So I bought a little play tent at Target. The doorway is big enough for the head of her bed to fit inside and the tent is big enough for nearly half of the length of her toddler bed to fit in it. She's still refusing to sleep in her bed but she's taking "rest breaks" in it now. It also looks kind of cute.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• They have play tents you can put on top the bed. Like camping. They are not made to restrain but to play "tent" on his bed. Check out some place like Pennys or Bed Bath & Beyond. Make it a play place during the day, and a place to sleep at night. Do you still have the barnyard thing going? Why not re-decorate his room into something boyish that he would like, like camping or space w/stars and such. He may be more cooperative w/a new bedroom?
    marihand

Answer by marihand at 8:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009