Is it too late to train an 18 month old to sleep in her room on her crib? What could I do to train her?

erlsk

Asked by erlsk at 6:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No it's not too late. But she is not a dog, she doesn't need to be trained lol.

Do you co sleep? I take it that's an issue? Why not get a twin bed instead of a crib... my daughter hated the mattresses and wouldn't sleep on it to save her life. She coslept for 19 months, then had a bed in our room, then has her own room. It just took a steady routine, some night wakings, and a lot of comfort and she now sleeps really well on her own. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:59 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Its never to late, but I would START NOW! My nephew is 8 and still sleeps with his momie and daddy. Unless kicked out, but will still come in, in the middle of the night.
    Anonymous

• There's a great article on getting baby to sleep on her own on drjaygordon.com. Check the site for "sleep."

Answer by gdiamante at 7:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Also, try the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers by Elisabeth Pantley. Be sure to get the toddler version, as she also has regular one for babies. It is a great book and will answer many questions. And, most importantly, WILL help your toddler to sleep/sleep on her own if you follow it correctly.

Does she sleep through the night?

And i agree, no need to train her, she's not a dog :)

Is cosleeping becoming a problem for you?
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 7:08 PM on Feb. 12, 2009