Just two weeks after the CT shootings

On Sunday, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It's like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant! Now aren't you wondering why this isn't a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting? There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened. Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you'd like to know.

For those who doubt:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Two-wounded-in-theater-shooting-4122668.php

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Well it worked THIS time does not mean it would work every time

Neither do air bags. Should we get rid of them?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• im glad she was able to save ppl and take out the crazed gunman but there isnt always a trained off duty person nearby who can save everyone. a random "good guy" is no where near the same as an off duty deputy. pretending that arming every Tom Dick & Harry will stop all tragedy is as wrong as thinking taking all the guns away will stop it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:16 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I'm glad she stopped him- BUT it says she is a deputy (off duty)
    ad I am not convinced that guns fighting guns is the answer
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Thing is, situations like this happen all the time, and it's not always an off-duty anything. Sometimes it's an 80 year old woman, sometimes it's a single mother, sometimes it's a tween home alone. The issue isn't what's an improvement over what we already have - it's that we already have it now, but it's purposely kept quiet more often than it gets publicity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• ^^ I agree, with charlot
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• all I ca say is I have seen this story 3 times today so far (have not been on the computer since early Sat. morning)

so it is getting coverage...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• yep, if we could carry concealed into certian places chances are the one wanting to kill will be killed either first or shortly after.......I woudl much rather have a chance to live because someone was carrying and used it for GOOD than no chance at all because no one was armed.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I do not understand why the gun-control nuts have such a hard time understanding this. They pushed for gun-free zones, and what happened? The recent school shooting was in a gun-free zone. How’s that working out? The recent theater shooting was in a gun-free zone. How’s that working out? Practically all the mass shootings in recent years have been in gun-free zones. How’s that working out? The media will only print stories that will make them ratings.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• The story didn't get coverage because it wasn't news... in the eyes of the media. The more people that die, the bigger the story. You know the song Dirty Laundry by Don Henley? Yeah, that's our media for ya.

Another thing... the big difference between that and the theater shooting here was that James Holmes protected himself head to toe. No way even an off duty officer could've got a shot in. It worked in this situation, I'm not sure it will work in every situation. I really don't think more guns is an answer any more than more gun control is.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2012

• The media is bought and paid for by Barry and his thugs. They will support any and all of his bad ideas, including destroying the 2nd amendment of that pesky document, the Constitution. I am not at all surprised that they are not showing this positive story.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2012