You will never guess who invited me to their new year's eve gathering tonight!

in case you aren't up to date on the latest goings on with my ex's family, you can read up on it here: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1307401/Ugh_advice_needed_rant

(dont know why it isnt clicky cause im in full editor)

anywho, my ex MIL had the balls to text me this morning and invite me to her brother's gathering tonight where they'll be having a fire and fireworks. of course it sounds like a lot of fun, but after she deliberately blew off my daughters' (her granddaughters') birthday party, without so much as a text message or anything to explain why, she really has the gall to invite me to this? 

so far i havent answered her yet. i dont intend to either, the same way she never answered me the day of the birthday party. yes i know, im stooping to her level and acting immature but, it feels good. 

anyway im not going because we already have plans tonight. 

soo to make this a question, would you be the bigger person and just let her know that you can't make it? or continue to leave the question hanging in the air and never answer? 

and, what are your plans tonight? we're going to my parents' for a sleepover/fireworks.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Relationships

• aww- I was gonna say George & Sally! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• lol- i missed out on that whole george & sally thing.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I would just tell her and get it over with so she doesnt bother you later
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• If she texts you again, just tell her you have plans already, thank her for the invite, but decline. As for our plans, my kids are each having a friend over & we are having our own little party tonite. Complete w/ 2 tired parents who will probably need the kids to wake them up to watch the ball drop! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I would just let her know you aren't going, just so you don't have to deal with it. Have fun tonight.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• It depends on my mood as to whether I'd blow her off or not.

Thankfully, I have a MIL that is one of my favorite people in the world. She totally gets that all her kids are grown and have lives of their own. She like seeing us, but understands when other things come up/have priority.

My husband's MIL though.....what a bitch. Yes, my mother. She left my dad with me, traveled extensively so he could never find her, hid me at a friend's house, told him he'd never see me again, then abandoned me. All before my first birthday. I'm now 31, almost 32, and she's never made an effort to be in my life. She lived two houses down from us for 3 years and only came over to borrow our car to go to the store. I have her ONLY two grandkids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Oh, and as for my plans, I don't have any. What I THOUGHT we were going to do (D&D gaming), looks like a bust now. One of our DM's/players has been invited out to a bar. I'm pretty sure he's going.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I'd most likely ignore the text. I'm hoping to stay home and have a quiet night.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I would say thank you but we have plans tonight. Happy new year!

No reason to add to drama. That's my take. I just keep on being me no matter what other people be.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• if you can not answer and place this out of your mind all night- good for you
    if this will keep popping up in your mind night- then i would write her back, just to get this bad taste off of my mind
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2012