Bankruptcy

We have filed chapter 13 bankruptcy, our house is part of it. We are having to refile because my dh had surgery and we got behind. We found someone taking pictures of our house yesterday. I went outside and asked her what she was doing and she drove off. We go to court on Wednesday and our lawyer is closed today and tomorrow. I am worried to death. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Money & Work

• Your house will show as going to auction until the papers are filed and the stay is in place. The people who are interested in your property have no way of knowing that you are working to put a stay on your assets and they are getting prepared to make an offer on auction day. As Mrs_P said you have nothing to worry about right this second because of this. Just keep doing what you are doing and contact your lawyer on Wed morning.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• When it's filed I think everything is stayed until you go to court so, I'm not sure I'd be terribly worried. What could happen between now and Wednesday?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2012