Best point and shoot camera? GO!!!!!!

What is your favorite point and shoot camera? We're looking to buy one. Please advise! No price limits and not interested in anything you have to change lenses. (No DSLR) Thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No price limits? I want to party with you.

I have a lumix.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I love Nikons. I am a Canon DSLR camera girl but small cameras i like nikons! Happy Shopping!
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• i like my nikon coolpix. takes nice quality pictures and there's no lens changing involved or anything like that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I had a coolpix and it took blurry pictures. My MIL has the same problem with hers but I know other people love them and rave reviews online.

I didn't understand that one
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I loved having a coolpix (Nikon.) We are pretty rough on cameras and are just using our iPhones for now. I would get another coolpix if we were in the market for another camera.

DS1 has his own Nikon (some really nice version of the coolpix) and it's wonderful.

I would stay away from Fuji. We had one, it broke within a week of getting it. The store exchanged it and the replacement broke in the exact same way a year later (just enough time for the warranty to be done.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• The thing about a DSLR is that you don't *have* to change the lens. We have had our DSLR for over a year now and never bought another lens for it. We would like to but... but it is not in the cards right now. Point and shoots were way too slow for us and I always ended up with great pictures for the first few months then they began to deteriorate. A point and shoot only has about a 2-3 year life span in general though the quality can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Plus they are very slow- you miss a lot. I recommend ( if money is no object) that you at least mess around with some DSLR's and get a feel for the speed and quality.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• DSLR's also have a limited life span. They have a shutter-click count. I had a Canon Rebel before. It's to big and bulky.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2013

• Coolpix
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2013