Could I be getting old? Or is this hereditary?

Hello I'm 30 just turned this march but lately my hands have begun to hurt. Like the joints of my fingers and wrists I feel cold inside. IDK if that makes any sense. Esp during cold weather or if I'm handling something cold they will hurt. My mom says it may be arthritis but my dh says that shouldn't happen until I'm much older unless its hereditary. Does any one know if that's true. Oh Ana sometimes I feel stiff like the tin man in wizard of oz. I feel like my fingers' joints need a lil warming up before moving freely should I b worried?

PISCIS29

Asked by PISCIS29 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Health

• Talk to your Dr. Some arthritis is hereditary and some I do not think the know. Children can have artritis. I knew a 16 year old with rheumatoid arthritis. The sooner you know the sooner you can get some relief.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Carpal Tunnel?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Do you type/work alot with your hands? I suggest getting them tested for carpal tunnel. The joints in my hands became painful with swollen joints and took a lot of time in the mornng to get them moving. I now use an erogonomic keyboard and larger mouse and with surgery it's been like I have a whole new life on my hands....lol.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Yea it could be carpel tunnel

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I have the same problem - it's a little arthritis but cold can also be a big factor - I know my hands are fine in the summer but hurt a lot in the winter, especially if I'm chilly.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 4:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I'm 31 and have had arthritis in my knees for about 5 years now. One is because of a surgery I had when I was 14. The other is from an injury in boot camp that no one has been able to figure out exactly what's wrong.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I have a similar reaction to cold- I was told years ago by an ortho specialist I was seeing for my knees that it may be vascularity (circulatory) issues; my feet go numb and all my joints stiffen in cold weather. He said I have two choices: bundle up or move someplace that never gets cold. Circulatory issues do run in my family, so it didn't surprise me at all.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I don't think it's carpal tunnel bc I don't type a lot or work. I'm a sahm idk if baking mixing and kneading have anything to do with it. But the same thing happens with my right knee from an injury when I was five. Also could it be true that cracking your fingers causes this kinda pain and stiffness? My aunt told me when I was about 11-12 to stop bc it could cause osteoporosis or arthritis. Is it true? Bc if it is then I'm screwed. I do it out of habit all the time.
    PISCIS29

Comment by PISCIS29 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Men get carpal tunnel from using tools the wrong way. Women who are sahm's can get it with the way they use their own "tools". Don't mess around with it and have your hands checked out. I suffered for several years and after surgery in both hands wish I'd had it years earlier! I love the 99% pain free life of my hands.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:33 PM on Jan. 3, 2013