Will ssi get cut off due to income?

my 11 yr old gets it. this month we only received $152.15 due to my husband having OT. So, if he has OT say, 2 months in a row, will they cut us off totally? Or will we just have months where we get nothing and then it'll pick back up again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Money & Work

• You need to call the case workr to be sure. I "think" it would need to be more than a couple of months especially since it is overtime and not something permanent like a pay raise or a different job or an additional job. Best to be sure.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 7:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• thanks, i will call after the holiday. this has me nervous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Did you not get paperwork from them? When my son received ssi they always sent us several pages if paperwork with the new amount and how they figured that out. They won't stop payments for 1-2 months of ot, but if it becomes routine then they can.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• the thing is, when they sent paperwork it said a higher amount. then they asked for more paystubs and gave us a lower amount. we only began receiving ssi a couple months ago. initially i thought we were getting several hundred but that is not the case. and no, they did NOT send a statement with the $150 amount on it. it was a total (awful) surprise.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2012