IS IT BAD WHEN BABY'S ARE SICK FOR THEM NOT TO URINATE ALOT?

MY BABY IS SICK AND HE DOESN'T HAVE ALOT OF WET DIAPERS IS THAT BAD?HE JUST HAS A COUGH AND A RUNNY NOSE

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• could mean that he is getting dehydrated
    plenty of fluids
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• WHAT CAN I DO IF HE IS GETTING DEHYDRATED
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You could give him pedialyte. My pedi recommended it for my dd. She is almost 3 months. I don't know how old your LO is but, the pedi told me to give her 2oz after each breastfeeding just to make sure. Just the plain clear kind...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:27 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Could be dehydration or it could also mean a UTI I know we have to watch my son for UTI's since he was born with reflux into his kidneys. so far we've been lucky and he's never had one but it wouldn't hurt to call your pedi and have them check him out they just put a little bag around his pee pee that he pees in to and they test it
    djpmommy

Answer by djpmommy at 7:29 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It isn't good. You want your baby to have plenty of fluids and still be making the normal amount of urine even if they are sick. If your baby is under two weeks, you should call your doctor right away. You need to let a sick baby breastfeed (if you are breastfeeding) as often as he or she likes. You can suppliment with some Pedialyte to introduce additional fluids.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:53 PM on Feb. 12, 2009