PLZ HELP! PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED A HOME HEARTBEAT DOPPLER??

i'm 10 weeks 1 day and i bought a at home heart doppler. i had used on with my daughter but around 14 weeks. All i can hear right now is the "wind" noise, that i guess has to do with the placenta (according to the cd), blood flow and slight movement. i cant pick up any heartbeat and im super scared. anyone have this happen or have been able to hear everything but the heartbeat??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is really hard to hear with those things cuz at least with the one i used it was like the speaker was too sensative and all i could hear really was the thing moving against my skin. dont worry, especially at 10 wks baby is probably just hiding from you. my dr told me thats why they dont reccomend them cuz most of the time they dont work and it just scares the mom. =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:15 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think it is a little too early to pick it up using a doppler. I never had my doctor use one until 12 or 14 weeks.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• 10 weeks is still a bit early to hear anything good. My doctors office does not even try with thier dopplers till 12 weeks and sometimes they can not even pick it up then. They are so small and move around a ton at that age.
    Anonymous

• I'm 37 weeks and STILL can't hear anything with my home heartbeat doppler.
    Don't feel bad, or scarred hunnie. It's nothing to be worried about. Besides, you're not supposed to be able to hear anything until your 3rd trimester anyways :) It's okay.. Don't be worried!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 7:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you have one of those Bebe Sounds things, they suck. I couldn't hear my dd at 9 months with that thing.

Rent one from: www.heartbeatsathome.com

I loved mine and I could always hear her. Theirs actually work and they even send you a tube of gel also.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It's too early to hear the heartbeat, especially on a home monitor. Those things can't detect much. Unless you buy one that's over $500, you're not going to hear anything.
    Anonymous

• if you bought a hi-bebe from ebay you wont hear anything until 14 weeks. at least thats the way it was with me
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:38 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You are way early to hear it. The home ones won't work that early. Don't freak out. .

I had one of those with my last pregnancy and never was able to get a heartbeat with it, but it was a cheapo Kmart thing.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You won't be able to hear anything until after 14 weeks. I have a nice doppler and even I couldn't catch my son's heartbeat all the time after 14 weeks.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:48 PM on Feb. 12, 2009