Hey Co-Sleepers!!

What size bed do you have and how many kids do you have sleeping with you? I've got a three year old and a new baby sleeping with me in a full sized bed and I just ordered a king because I couldn't stand it...lol...for liking to have my babies with me, I don't like to be kicked all night...lol

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i sleep with my husband and 2 year old in my bed. we have a queen
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I have a king size bed. I have my 2.5 year old that sleeps with us almost all night and my 4 year old joins me at about 6 when daddy gets up to go to work. On the weekends we are all 4 packed into bed with 2 small dogs too.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'm so glad I didn't wait on ordering the bed. I have spent one too many nights already crammed like sardines into that bed.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Me and my husband and our 2 year old share a quenn size. We had a full but had to trade up. Shoulda got a california king. one thats like 15 feet across and 9 feet long.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:25 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Can anyone explain to me what the purpose of co-sleeping is? I never thought it was a good thing with my DD (now 16) b/c I believe that night time should be for DH and I. Why is this becoming such a big deal?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• We have a full sized bed and my 4 year old sneaks in at night. Most nights my husband is at work and it's just my daughter and I. But she likes to sleep on top of you, so even if I had a king size bed, she'd push me out of it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• At one time I had three kids, (5,18 mo. and newborn), a black lab and dh and I in bed. I finally gave up. I used to get everyone to lie down and go to bed then I would sleep on the couch. I never really slept much during those years. Then as the kids were a couple years older, we moved to a king size, and I made a bed on the floor for the kids. Never could get Maggie (the lab) to get off the bed.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Unless my kids were sick,they had their own beds,and that is where they slept,not that I think co sleeping is wrong,I just think,children should learn indepencence,and to,why do people go through ,all the expense in a nursery,and toddler beds,and the kids never use them,makes no sense to me,but it's their children and their money.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• back in the day, me and my daughter slept in my twin size bed..that was..well..lol..not comfy..im 6 feet tall, and im not the skinniest person around..lol.soo yaa it was squishy..but i did anyways...now i have a queen so its me, my 85lb golden ret, and my 4 y r old...only my daughter when shes havin a bad night tho..once in a blue moon..its weird, cuz lotsa people co sleep cuz theyre kids want to...my daughter is and has always been perfectly fine on her own..it was ME that wanted to..especially once i went back to work when my ddaughter turned one..it made me feel closer to her..so we really only co-slept from when she was 1 yr til 2 yrs..cuz after that i got a better job allowing me to be home more..but i still love it when she comes and crawls into bed with me! :) especially being a single mom, im takin all the love i can get from her! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• First, I didn't ask "what do you think of co-sleeping" I asked a question to co-sleepers. Next, daddy lives out of state for work and is only home for a few weeks every few months, so its not like he's getting shoved out of bed...the fact that we just had a baby attests to the fact that he gets laid. Third, HE likes being close to the kids too and getting woken up in the morning by his little girl saying "mornin daddy you wanna go make me breakfass"...and last, since apparently it made its way to a debate, I think its damn cold to take a child that just spent 9 months in your womb and move them across the house to lay alone in a crib. I like the fact that if someone busted through my front door ready to shoot us up or if a fire broke out, there wouldn't be an entire house separating me from my children.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 12, 2009