Hair dye

dyed my hair deep burgundy maybe few months ago. tried dying it a golden brown today. but all that got dyed was the top of my hair. is there anything i can do to fix it. will a salon be able to dye all of my hair the color i want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I had a light brownish color growing out, dyed a red on top (it was supposed to be more auburn but the roots were red red and the rest was kind of burgundy). I got it re-dyed at a salon, no stripping, no special colors, no nothing, just a solid darker color, and it turned out perfectly.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Red seems to be the hardest to dye over unless ou choose the same or slightly darker. I fixed the problem and just went black. I know that's not what you want to do, though.
    I would suggest a salon. Since we dont know anything about our particular hair type, we could give you advice that would make you end up looking like Carrot Top (poof and all). A salon will better be able to remove the color and will be better able to match the exact color ou want.
    -Ashle
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• they will have to stripe it and that will cost many pennies. I wanted to get my hair stripped... it was gonna be $150 before re-dying it... BUT my hair is very long.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I did this kind of thing a few years ago. They used bleach and conditioner at a salon to gently pull the color out and it did work. Then they dyed the whole head again. It worked quite well. Surprisingly the color correction wasn't expensive. I would normally agree with but_mommie but for some reason they didn't charge me a ton.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• There is a product you can buy that will remove all hair dye. You might try it and see how much of both colors it removes.... then deep condition your hair and let it rest before you recolor it.... ive done it and was successful but my hair is always a different color so no one bays an eye if I show up looking a little odd for a few days. Gl
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• I would say the only way to fix it is the salon. I routinely dye my hair at home, but red is the hardest color to strip out.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• i know the boxes say - do not wash hair right after dying
    could try washing it
    might take some of it out
    and can not do much damage (imo)
    then call a good salon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• Don't do it yourself! It could get worse or you could seriously burn your hair!
    Go to the hair salon and have them tell you what to do, it's worth having them take care of it rather than you run around looking like a calico cat! Good luck!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• you can buy a prduct that will remove the last colour you used
    not sure what leverl og golden brown you chose? was it light, med., dark??
    also I'd rethink the golden shade since you already have burgandy in your hair that is alot of red pigment and sounds like a mess
    you can just dye it all a solid darker colour which I'd choose a neutral colour or an ash and always go a shade lighter because you rhair is probably very pourous & wioll grab colour soooo fast & uneven....I would do a semi-permanent colour after you get the colour correcor put on....this way you will cover that colour now and have a fresh slate to work with, good luck!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2012

• *product
    *level
    *of
    *hair

(I blame the wine) hee,hee.....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2012