Baby Shower drama anyone?

Ok my friend basically begged me to throw my shower. I didn't really want her to knowing all the drama that might come along with it. I re-considered and said yes. She is a single parent with two kids and no money. My Mom offered to rent a place to help out with the cost. The bldg has been rented and the shower is in 2 wks and 2 days. NO ONE has gotten an invitation! Friends and Family have been phoning ME to see if I am even having a shower! Now I can't even get her to answer her phone when I call to find out if she is having one! She told me the invitations went out almost 2 weeks ago! I have no idea what to do here. I have been telling the people that call that yes there is a shower -where and when- and they should be getting an invitation! Help!

stephgood1

Asked by stephgood1 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like you or someone reliable is going to have to take over all the specifics, and call everyone one by one or something.
    Anonymous

• Well if it has been over 2 weeks and no one got one then she didn't send them out. It sounds like she is avoiding you and reconsidered herself on throwing that shower. Sorry.

Anonymous

• yeah- along with making sure every one gets an invite u might wanna make sure theres gonna be food and activities planned cause it sounds like she flaked- im sorry u have to go through that and good luck on ur shower!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i will never ever have someone throw me a shower again. my sil threw me a baby shower and had someone give HER a carseat for MY baby!!!!! she has no kids and i didnt even have a carseat yet. i was sooo mad. she turned the baby shower into something that is all about her. literally there are a couple pictures that she isnt in! and of those pictures- most of them was of the cake!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• she seems to have ditched you in this process, i would leave the shower in process still and go to your shower, you have 2 weeks to start calling all family members and friends, dont depend on this friend again.

after you have done this shower, be proud of yourself for being organized and getting through it yourself, just explain to everyone that it was suppose to be somebody else throwing it but didnt know what happened and there might of been a confusion.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I seem to have lucked out a little. I just got some information. Two people that had wanted to be involved with it learned of the situation and are stepping up to the plate and taking it over. They didn't know what was going on and are absolutely livid about the situation. They have been waiting for her to call them back to tell them what their 'jobs' are and I called them to see if they knew anything. When I told them noone had been invited and what I knew, they started making calls and now the whole thing is actually being planned. I admit that I am nervous about the whole thing. I really don't want the original planner involved at all considering that I am really not happy with her for hanging me out to dry! I just feel like an idiot, partially because I used poor judgement even allowing her to attempt it. I really knew better than this,and I need this friendship to end.
    stephgood1

Answer by stephgood1 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wanted to plan my SIL's shower but her best friend had already "called it". When she was a month away from her scheduled C-section and nothing had been done I just ended up taking over and doing the whole thing because the BF obviously didn't get that it is kind of stressful for the mom to not know it is in the works etc. I'm glad someone stepped up to the plate for you :) Try and forget about it and just enjoy your shower and the peope that obviously do care about you.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 12, 2009