When did

You stop rocking your baby to sleep......mine is almost 14 months old and I have not yet ....is that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• No, it's not bad! Mine was quite a bit older.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• no nothing wrong...if yor baby is soothed & it works then perfect enjoy it while it lasts....my boy is almost 4yrs old & I love when he wants to snuggle tight & fall asleep on me.....thats very nomal & natural & loving.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• A lot of people tell me I need to put hom in bed and close the door that it is bad that I do this .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• well baby steps...yes, you can do that but stay with your baby until it falls asleep
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• also everyone does things differently I couldn't handle my baby crying & crying for me I had to stay in the room & it all worked out they do eventually fall asleep lol...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Wait ..I wrote it wrong they say that u need to put him in bed and close the door.....that rocking him it bad is what I mean
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:05 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• well not unless you are rocking him fast & hard!!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• every baby is different. i stopped rocking my oldest before she was one b/c it didnt really do anything for her. but we just moved to a different pre-bed time thing (reading a book). my youngest was rocked/sung to sleep till he was about 15 months. we only stopped b/c he wanted to sing w/ me instead of sleep haha. they both would fall asleep without tears, which i think is all that matters.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• My baby is almost 6 and I still rock him to sleep as often as I can.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:11 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• By hand, about 3 months. By swing until about 5 months but by 6 months he was going to be own his own in his crib.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:42 AM on Jan. 1, 2013