Tech savvy moms - I need your help! Xbox Live/Wireless question!

I have an Xbox 360 - I got it last year; it's one of the slimmer, black ones. I had Xbox Live on it. I had AT&T internet service, so I think my home was wireless. So all I had to do was set up Xbox Live & I was ready to go with Netflix, etc.

I am in a new apt. & I have Direct TV cable & whatever internet this is. It's included w/ the apt. so I have to pay extra for wireless & other amenities. I did not get wireless with the free package I got. I do not want to pay the extra $ for it. So I have not been using my Xbox Live. I am under the impression that I could get a wireless router to make my home wireless & be able to use my Xbox live once again.

How can I make this work? Thanks! I am a complete dunce when it comes to this kind of stuff!

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Technology

• Ok, so I found this - http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/wired

But does anyone have any additional tips or issues you may have come across?
    paige8608

Comment by paige8608 (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• You can buy a router. Go to Best Buy, this is where my son went when he bought his.
    Plus they can answer any question you may have.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 1, 2013

• "Wireless" is not so much a service, as it is a means of delivery. So find your modem, and you'll connect a wireless router onto your modem. It's very easy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:01 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I know it's not a service. The company just charges so make your house wireless. That's why I knew there were other ways of setting up wireless in my home besides paying them to do it.
    paige8608

Comment by paige8608 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jan. 1, 2013