How do I get my husband to come home?

We just moved back to Louisiana on Nov 21 2012. We have been in Alaska for 3 1/2 years. My husband was in the Army. We have our normal marriage problems like financial and who does the dishes and takes thebtrash out etc. We never fought. We only bickerd nothing too serious. Well we get back home and everything was fine then one night he just leaves me and the kids. No reason what so ever. He is staying with his dad and he hardly ever calls. I still have no clue what happen. He left 6 days before Chrismas. He filed for divorce but I can tell he really doesn't want it. He said he only files bc he didn't see the kids on Christmas. Now his daddy has alway been the controlling type and I think he has a big thing to do with this. I just need help on getting him home and seeing that he misses us. No other female is involved and I know that for a fact bc he literally just doesnt have the time. Ideas please. I miss my family.

JessicaW1990

Asked by JessicaW1990 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• Do you think his Dad has that much power over him as to make him leave his own wife & kids? If so then you are probably better off without him. You can't make someone do what they don't want to. Does he have PTSD? I guess there is nothing you can do. Don't let him take the children out of state. Are you near your family? Maybe go & stay with them. So sorry to hear this :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:25 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Unfortunately you can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. All you can do is tell him how you feel and hope he listens and feels the same way. If he does come back I strongly suggest counseling.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Maybe he is gay?

Do you work?

Let him leave.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• His dad and him went on a hunting trip on the 13-16 and everything was done he told me loved me then 2 days later I pick him up from work and he is in a bad mood then later that night he left. I honestly think that since he hasn't been around his father in 3 year and hasn't been able to hunt fish etc that he misses that and he is wrong for doing this. He doesn't talk about it and when I try to talk about it he gets mad or changes the subject. The other night he let it slip and told me he loved me then the next day he called and told me how sick he was. I really don't know what to think about this whole situation. I feel like he is trying to prove to his daddy that he's the man and he does what he wants. I don't know what to do about this whole situation.
    JessicaW1990

Comment by JessicaW1990 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• We just talked about building our porch and getting our storage shed and our 10 year plan that morning so I don't understand.
    JessicaW1990

Comment by JessicaW1990 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I would seek counseling for just you. Doesn't sound like there is much you can do and that has to be hard.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Wait until he sees how much this divorce will cost him. He'll soon realize that it's "cheaper to keep her"! He is an ass. How about moving out of state away from him before the divorce. Maybe if you can get him away from his Dad things will be better.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I already know that things will work out. I'm just gonna give him space to realize what he's kissing. Absense makes the heart grow fonder.
    JessicaW1990

Comment by JessicaW1990 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• he filed because he didnt see his kids on Christmas, why did he not see them?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Maybe he's depressed and doesn't understand why he's feeling this way so he's reacting hoping his mood will change.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 1, 2013