Slow cooker ribs

My plan for dinner tonight, but I want to put the sauce in towards the end so it will be thicker. Can I put the ribs in the crock pot by themselves or do they need some type of liquid in there? Any tips? Are pork baby back ribs best? As you can see I know nothing so any advice is appreciated.

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I wrap my ribs up in foil, place in crockpot and add about 1/4 cup of water. Slow cook about 6 hrs. Remove ribs, drain juice from crockpot. Remove ribs from foil, add back to crockpot, add sauce. Heat another 30 minutes.
    This way you won't have watered down sauce and they're delicious!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Ribs are not cooked right unless you put them on the grill.

Answer by louise2 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I have a bad time with my crock pot!
    I ALWAYS cook on the grill for supper, but since the weather has been bone chilling cold and rainy and I don't much feel like standing outside to do my ribs...so I put foil on a cookie sheet (or lasagne pan) place the well seasoned ribs on the sheet (no sauce on yet!) and tightly cover the ribs with foil all around the ribs..set the oven to 325 and cook for about 4 hrs. at the 3 1/2 hr. mark, you open the foil, and spread your fav BBQ sauce on. Re-tighten the foil and bake for another 45 min. YUMMMMM!!!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 3:19 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Let us know how your ribs turned out and how you cooked them.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I will when I cook them lol. Saw them on sale which was why I planned to make them but when I got to the grocery store this morning the meat counter was closed grrrr. Damn holiday, lol.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Jan. 2, 2013

• Thanks for the tips!!
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Jan. 2, 2013