Dairy milk should not double as the Farm Aid Bill was approved. Are you happy about this?

My daughter is she drinks cows milk. I do not.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• woohooclappingshouting I'm freakin, over-the-top ecstatic about that!  We drink about a gallon a day here.  I was starting to really get worried!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Yes I am for two major reasons.
    The farm bill helps to keep farmers n their land, most have another job to help pay the bills and the higher the cost the fewer gallons will be sold and they will make even less
    Farmers forced to sell means big corporations buying up the land and that is not a smart thing for america.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:59 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• Yes,because it's isn't just the gallons of milk. Think of all things that are made with milk

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• It's about our way of life! We all use milk one way or another!
    Happy Day for the Farmers too!
    It's the start of a GREAT year!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 3:07 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• The government should never have started the subsidies ever. My dad is a farmer. My uncle owned a dairy farm. With all of the subsidies that are out there, the farmer doesn't get enough money to make a living. The middle man does, but the producer struggles. Without government intervention, the free market would have taken care of the price. Now, the only increase will benefit the middle man. The farmer will continue to struggle.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• After reading more about the bill - no, I would be willing to pay a little more for my milk products if the government would just stay out of agriculture for the most part. Huge corporate farms should not be getting even more money from the government. People rarely think about the country as a whole, only what's good for them - which is why our country is in the position it's in. Nobody wants to give up THEIR special interests.
    btw - the reason that milk would go up is also due to government involvement, because if the farm bill wasn't passed we would have reverted to a 1948 bill that is really screwed up. The government rarely makes things better!

Answer by missanc at 8:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I am glad, I would rather cook with milk and my LO likes milk but I would have made due had it not been approved
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:54 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I'm not really sure because I don't know enough about what was in the Farm Aid bill. I am glad milk isn't going to double, but I wonder if it's just driving the country further into debt if that's really a good thing.

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I haven't looked at the info regarding the Farm Aid bill, but I admit to being relived about milk prices. We go through 3 or 4 gallons of milk a week around here, not to mention the amount of cheese we eat.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2013

• I don't know much about the bill, but I'm glad about milk prices. We go through a ton of milk, 5-6 gallons a week, and we eat lots of cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc. So I'm happy the prices won't be going up.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2013